[CentOS] Automatic site selection for dowload

Sorin@Gmail sorin.srbu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 09:13:20 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh <> scribbled on Friday, June 27, 2008 10:28 AM:

> Sorin at Gmail wrote:
>> That addon rocks! Add the delta-addon as well, and you get really fast
>> updates! 8-D
>
> There is no functional delta-addon for yum in CentOS-5, are you getting
> confused with Fedora here ?

Umm... I might. I think it was called something like that at least . Lemme'
check. BRB.

Here; "rpm -qa *delta*" reports I have "deltarpm - 3.3-2.el5.rf.i386" installed
on my CentOS5.2-machine.

I got the impression this worked with CentOS5 anyway. At least I saw some stats
when running yum with my pre-5.2 CentOS flashing by. My understanding was that
the repo however had to be compatible with deltarpm for this to work at all.

So this doesn't work with CentOS then, correct?