[CentOS] Torrent sharing question

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Fri Jun 27 12:10:44 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 12:35 +0200, Sorin at Gmail wrote:
> John Bowden <> scribbled on Friday, June 27, 2008 11:54 AM:
>
> > Just a quick question. I have been sharing CenOS 5.0 and 5.1 since I down
> > loaded them. Now we are on to 5.2 is it still worth sharing them or can I
> > archive them to DVD and save some hard drive space?
>
> I removed my 5.1 torrents couple of days ago, and only kept the most release
> (5.2) recent seeding 24/7 at work.
>
> Ppl still downloaded from them like crazy (had about 250kbps on each x64 and x86
> DVD:s) on last monday for the past months or so, so you might want to seed those
> a bit longer if you can. Maybe I should keep seeding 5.1 as well for another
> while...

I share the latest for a *long* time. During the period after major
update release, I share only the latest. The rational for this is that
the greatest demand will be for the latest, I have only a home
connection with limited upload bandwidth and it is most beneficial
allocated to where there is anticipated highest demand and greatest
number of benefiting users.

After a while, I add back in older releases.

--
Bill