[CentOS] chkconfig update fails

Kai Schaetzl

maillists at conactive.com
Sat Jun 28 13:46:23 UTC 2008

My update to 5.2 fails on one machine because of this error:

Transaction Check Error:
  file /etc/init.d from install of chkconfig-1.3.30.1-2 conflicts with
file from package AcronisAgentLinux-9.5.8076-1
  file /etc/init.d from install of chkconfig-1.3.30.1-2 conflicts with
file from package TrueImageAgent-9.5.8076-1

Obviously, both packages created (completely unnecessarily) the
/etc/init.d symlink. I'm going to report this to them, but what's the best
course of action to continue now? There doesn't seem to be a "force"
option for yum? Install that single file via rpm with force?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany