[CentOS] chkconfig update fails

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sat Jun 28 14:06:13 UTC 2008

Shade-GE wrote on Sat, 28 Jun 2008 15:50:15 +0200:

> I had similar problems, the only way i found out quick and dirty was to
> remove the acronis packages and install it again after yum finished.

Doesn't the removal create dependency problems as it should try to remove
/etc/init.d? I forced the chkconfig update now with rpm and am doing the
remainder with yum now.

BTW, just for info: you do know that Acronis doesn't support restoring LVM
partitions, do you? They do not explicitely say this anywhere, but support
told me some time ago. Backing up LVM partitions with it is pretty useless
as all restore actions (including restoring single files if I remember
correctly) will fail.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany