[CentOS] New yum search behavior is awful/useless

Kai Schaetzl

maillists at conactive.com
Sat Jun 28 17:48:16 UTC 2008

Anyone already tried yum search after the 5.2 upgrade?

yum search perl-MIME-tools
<skipped some stuff>
perl-MIME-tools.noarch : Perl modules for parsing (and creating!) MIME
entities
perl-MIME-tools.noarch : Perl modules for parsing (and creating!) MIME
entities
perl-MIME-tools.noarch : Perl modules for parsing (and creating!) MIME
entities

That *used* to tell if it's installed (and from where) and from which
repositories which version is available. This information is all gone now.
Also gone is the description. I can get the description from info and the
installed status from list, but the repo information is completely gone
now it seems. In this state yum search is pretty useless.
Am I missing something? man yum and yum.conf don't list any options to get
a more useful behavior.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany