[CentOS] settings up cheap a NAS / SAN server, is it possible?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Sun Jun 29 22:26:51 UTC 2008

Am 29.06.2008 um 21:07 schrieb Sorin Srbu:

> [...]

It used to be written in the solarisinternals.com wiki - but I can't
seem to find it anymore.

ZFS is a moving target, in some ways, so the requirements may have
changed or are no longer that simple.

But it made sense in the early days, when SUN's thumper (X4500, 2*DC
Opteron, 48 disks, 16 GB RAM) more or less fit the requirements
perfectly.

cheers,
Rainer
--