[CentOS] What are these TCP errors telling me?

Sam Drinkard

sam at wa4phy.net
Mon Jun 30 15:23:59 UTC 2008

Lately, the error messages below have been showing up in the log for the
past 3 days.  Is something broken, or someone trying to break in or
what?  I'm completely clueless about this.  If you could, since I'm
receiving the list in digest form, cc a copy directly to me?  Many thanks...

Sam

**Unmatched Entries**
   dispatch 0x8c84f40: shutting down due to TCP receive error: connection reset: 1 Time(s)
   dispatch 0x8cbbb40: shutting down due to TCP receive error: connection reset: 1 Time(s)
   dispatch 0x8cccf40: shutting down due to TCP receive error: connection reset: 1 Time(s)
   dispatch 0x8d17d28: shutting down due to TCP receive error: connection reset: 1 Time(s)
   dispatch 0x8e786a8: shutting down due to TCP receive error: connection reset: 1 Time(s)