[CentOS] Yogunluk

Mon Jun 30 16:42:30 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 5:08 AM, William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>
wrote:

> <snip>
> > Michael: I thought the job of Marketing people (or so they would like
> > to think) is to give the Engineering staff a set of specs, a budget
>
> s/specs/incomplete, inaccurate, rapidly changing, and irrelevant &/
> s/budget/inadequate &/
>
> # You omitted important specifications of tha problem - are you in
> # marketing? ;-)  =:-O

No. I worked in R&D (mostly Aerospace) and I'm now trying to reenter the job
market. Almost always, I found that those of us in Engineering  were trying
to comply with requirements that Marketing had given away to the customer
and we couldn't complete the task within their time frame or budget.
Marketing will do anything (usually) to make the sale and then the Engineers
try to get it done on time and within the budget. Remember the comparison
between Engineers and Mushrooms......