[CentOS] Pidgin problem on 5.2

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Jun 30 20:01:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 03:31:39PM -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 12:16 -0400, fred smith wrote:
> > >
> > > Add a Notification Area to your panel, or look there if you already have
> > > one.
> >
> > OK, done that. Now what?
> >
> > Nothing happens there when I try to start pidgin. What should I be seeing?
>
> A new icon should appear in the Notification Area when you start pidgin.
> Clicking on it will show the Buddy List.

Ah. there's already one in the top panel. So I see a strange little icon
there that says it's for pidgin, so when I click that the buddy list
opens up. which is fine, thanks for pointing me to it. But I'm curios
how it got into that state where it doesn't open. I'm sure I've not done
anything to change it.

Thanks again!

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ------------------------ ----