[CentOS] RESTORING THUNDERBIRD FILES

Chris Geldenhuis

chris.gelden at iafrica.com
Mon Mar 3 18:04:38 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Last night I downloaded the latest security updates to my Centos 4
system, and rebooted afterwards.

This morning I wanted to check my mail, but when I opened Thunderbird,
it asked me to set up a mail account.

I saved the contents of the previous .thunderbird file structure with
tar and created a new mail account with the same details (name, isp,
pasword, servers etc.) as the previous account.

All of my folders and history had disappeared when the "new" account was
created. I tried restoring from the tar archive but can still only
access mails downloaded after recreating the account.

Any ideas on how to regain access to my mail archives?

TIA

ChrisG