[CentOS] phpmyadmin hang..

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 02:26:56 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Frank M. Ramaekers
<FRamaekers at ailife.com> wrote:
> It seems that I can never get through a phpmyadmin session w/o it
>  hanging on "Waiting for http://....".  The only way I have found to
>  correct this is to cycle Apache.  I can always get past the signon
>  portion, but it hangs at various portions of selecting DBs or Tables.
>  CPU is not overly active, all httpd daemons running, no myphpadmin
>  remnants running.   Can't find any problems in the httpd log files.
>
>  I've searched the web, but no applicable hits.
>

>  Anyone been there?

As much as I dislike phpmyadmin.....

Check that you have all the relevant mysql bits installed for php,
(php-mysql, and php-mbstring specifically), and also look at the
amount of memory that php is allowed to use. For larger mysql
datasets, it's possible that the default memory allocation in your
php.ini may not be enough.

George Orwell