[CentOS] looking for kernel sources

Wojtek Pilorz wpilorz at bdk.pl
Tue Mar 4 10:26:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 12:07:40PM +0200, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Tru Huynh wrote:
[...]
> >Caveat: if you make your own kernel, you keep the pieces if you break your
> >system. Don't expect support here.
> >
> >Tru

> heh, that's funny, but hard to believe that I won't get support for a
> modified / hacked / changed / "broken" kernel. It's like saying " You
> can buy the car, but if you change the tires we won't service it" -
s/buy/get a free/
s/change the tires/replace engine with one custom-made/

> Dude, that's the mentality of M$ and the likes, NOT Open Source

Do you possibly have some pointers on how to get a free, legal version of M$
Advanced Server, get kernel source code and recompile it?
And perhaps get free support for modified version?

> Besides, VMWare & Virtualbox needs it to install properly on the system,
> what do you tell them? We won't support you, so your  programs won't
> work on our system?

If you need support with modified kernel I am sure you can find it.
Not necessarily free.

> --
>
> Kind Regards
> Rudi Ahlers