[CentOS] some help on mrepo please

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Tue Mar 4 18:46:38 UTC 2008

Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>
>> I have got CentOS 5.0 i386 & x86_64 DVD's, and CentOS 5.1 i386 &
>> x86_64 CD1, where do I copy these? I have setup
>> /etc/mrepo.conf.d/centos5.conf with both i386 & x86_64 arch, but how
>> will mrepo know that CentOS 5.0 & CentOS 5.1 are different?

> Answer:
>
>     If you want support for both CentOS 5.0 and CentOS 5.1, you need
>     to create 2 config files, one for each. (You could also put them
>     in the same)
>
>     centos-5.0.conf and centos-5.1.conf
>
>     If you also want the extra repositories on both, you can work with
>     internal links, or download it twice.

Thanx, I figured as much, seeing that each version has it's own repo on
the mirrors.
>> I have run mrepo -vv -u to see what it does, but it seems like it's
>> going to download every file from the CentOS repositories. Where do I
>> copy the rpm's that I have already downloaded to? For example, all
>> the rpm's in /var/cache/*/packages folders?
>
> The location is in /etc/mrepo.conf defined as "srcdir = /var/mrepo".
> You can opt to change this to wherever you want, or make a symlink
> from /var/mrepo to wherever you want. There is a strict structure
> underneath that directory.

I have already changed that to my network shared folders, and I'm busy
downloading the scripts now. Am I on the right track if I copy files
from existing servers / machines' /var/cache/yum/*/packages to the
corresponding folders on in the mrepo source folders?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com