[CentOS] Rejecting spam

Dan Carl danc at bluestarshows.com
Tue Mar 4 20:36:52 UTC 2008

Not really a good idea to reject all spam. Spam filtering is not that black
and white.
Suppose a legitmate email gets tagged as Spam.
This does happen trust me and more than likely its a email your boss has
been waiting for.
You'll want a some way to retrieve it.

> >Following is my sendmail.m4 directive for spamass-milter:
> >
> >INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin',
> >`S=unix:/var/run/spamass-milter/spamass-milter.sock, F=,
> >T=C:15m;S:4m;R:4m;E:10m')dnl
> >define(`confMILTER_MACROS_CONNECT',`t, b, j, _, {daemon_name},
> >{if_name}, {if_addr}')dnl
> >define(`confMILTER_MACROS_HELO',`s, {tls_version}, {cipher},
> >{cipher_bits}, {cert_subject}, {cert_issuer}')dnl
>
> Not sure, but I think you could use procmail to filter to a junk
> folder based upon parsing the SpamAssassin score. Also, you can block
> based on RBL in sendmail , or score in spamassassin.
>
> I use MailScanner with SpamAssassin and swear by it!
>
> http://mailscanner.info/
>
> Happy (mostly), very vital list group. The author is very actively
> answering questions and requests. Can't get much better support!
>
> Cheers!

I use mailscanner also, works great.

I delete whats called high scoring spam and deliver the low scoring spam.
Since the low scoring spam is tagged as spam.
You can either use mail client rules or a procmail receipe to move it to
another folder.
That way, the user can retieve it themselves.