[CentOS] procmailrc

John Hinton webmaster at ew3d.com
Tue Mar 4 23:22:47 UTC 2008

Milton Calnek wrote:
> it looks in user home dir (as defined in /etc/passwd).
> Make sure the user has read/execute privilege in his homedir.
Yup, the home directory is listed properly in /etc/passwd and the user
owns the directory which is perms 755.

I think this might have happened a few years ago when I did an install
of dspam which had it's own procmail file. I looked at the procmail date
and it was June of last year which I would expect was an update.

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     mail        80064 Jun 12  2007 procmail

So I don't think the procmail executable is the wrong one. As best as I
remember, the way dspam did this was to point to a different procmail
executable from within sendmail which I have long ago removed. Some
piece of junk must be laying around somewhere. I'm not having this
problem on any other server and then on this one only in the root user
directories and not the subusers for that domain, which is the reason
for /var/www/user and /var/www/user/homes/subusername

Now for how the heck to track this one down..... I love whacko when it
gets really old and resurrects its ugly head months or years later!

Thanks,
John Hinton