[CentOS] OpenOffice won't start up

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Fri Mar 7 05:03:43 UTC 2008

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 23:59:05 -0500
Therese Trudeau <mswotr at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Install seemed to go fine until I finished and then tried to start up K writer

K Writer?  That sounds very much like Koffice, which is a completely different
program than OpenOffice.   You won't be able to use Koffice if you haven't
installed Koffice.

> and none of the OO apps will start up from the menu.
even though they are all showing up in start menu that 2.3 is installed. I'm
using KDE mostly but have gnome installed also.

What happens when you type "ooffice" or "soffice" at a terminal window prompt?