[CentOS] Re: SSH, SCP connections to remote MySQL Database using OpenOffice Possible?

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Mon Mar 10 21:17:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 05:12:46PM -0400, Therese Trudeau enlightened us:
> OK Some progress anyway, by not putting in the port twice I got a connecrtion.  But as before,
> when I connected un securely, OpenOffice freezes up and crashes after about one minute,
> whether or not it's through port 3306, or through 3307 & SSH.

Sounds like an OOo problem, then. When I briefly tried testing it, there was
a couple of driver options to connect to MySQL, you might try using the one
you're not (IIRC one was ODBC and the other was JDBC).

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics