[CentOS] Re: SSH, SCP connections to remote MySQL Database using OpenOffice Possible?

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 15:36:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Therese Trudeau <mswotr at hotmail.com> wrote:
>  Ah HA!  That might be the problem, I'm using the JDBC driver and I don't have the
>  ODBC driver installed.  Do you know where i could download the ODBC driver?

yum search odbc

What you're looking for is the unixODBC package. In CentOS it includes
an ODBC driver for MySQL as well.

>  Or, is the ODBC driver the same as the sql-connector-java-5.0.8 driver?  That one
>  I do have; I set up OpenOffice to point to that one too as I did for the JDBC Driver.

No, anything with "java" in the name is JDBC, not ODBC.

Google is your friend as well:
http://www.google.ca/search?q=openoffice+odbc+linux

The first one is a tutorial on how to connect OOo to MySQL, quite old
though. The second one is an article in Linux.com with some
information on JDBC vs. ODBC.

In general, however, I agree with Matt that your problem is OOo
related and asking on an OOo list would be more fruitful.

Filipe