[CentOS] MySQL 4.1 on Centos 5 ?

Sergej Kandyla sk.paix at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 13:16:01 UTC 2008

Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> Sergej Kandyla wrote:
>
>> I don’t want use outdated software and operation system, also I try not
>> use testing distribs\soft in production.
>>

> Why do you call Centos 4 outdated?
>
> You'll get security updates until Feb 29, 2012.

I just want to use the latest stable  OS and software.
Also, I already have installed server with centos 5.

I don't choose operation system, please say me, how to right install
mysql4.1 under centos 5 without compiling mysql from sources.
I don't want make my server dirty, so i'm asking the right way to do this.

Thanks.

--
Wbr, SK