[CentOS] MySQL 4.1 on Centos 5 ?

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Thu Mar 13 15:38:24 UTC 2008

On Thursday 13 March 2008 20:16:01 Sergej Kandyla wrote:
> I just want to use the latest stable  OS and software.
> Also, I already have installed server with centos 5.
>
> I don't choose operation system, please say me, how to right install
> mysql4.1 under centos 5 without compiling mysql from sources.
> I don't want make my server dirty, so i'm asking the right way to do this.

Installing an old mysql into the latest centos is not the best way either.
Why not installing the whole database into the new mysql? Unless it's using
functions that are not available/compatible with mysql5, it will work OK.

http://linux2.arinet.org
22:38:13 up 19 min, 2.6.22-14-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.