[CentOS] Recommendations for a "real RAID" 1 card on Centos box

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Fri Mar 14 14:12:44 UTC 2008

Therese Trudeau wrote:

> > This is getting OT and you are going to end up spending
> > more on redundancy then if you just called Dell and ordered
> > another computer.
>
> I agree with you in that it's cheaper to buy another home
> computer than to design a system with redundancy.
> However that new conputer I would order from Dell probabally
> would not have the redundancy I need in a
> a workstation, and I would just end up back where I started anyway.

I think you missed my point. If workstation A fails, call Dell and
have another one overnighted, or call Dell today and order a second
workstation to have as a backup or act as a secondary workstation.

Their Vostros line is cheap (in appearance, components and price),
but is functional, performs well and did I say cheap already, so
you can get 2 for the price of 1 highly redundant system.

-Ross