[CentOS] MySQL 4.1 on Centos 5 ?

Peter Farrell peter.d.farrell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 15:23:24 UTC 2008

Compile it man! Set the flags so everything goes under
/usr/local/mysql.  What's the big deal? What was that about 'making my
server dirty'? That's crazy talk. We've got similar apps that hook
together tomcat, rmi and mysql 4.1 - we can't change versions for a
variety of reasons - but when I added new servers - I justed rsync'd
over the same version from another another machine. It's compiled for
the same arch - and it's all self-contained.

-Peter
-Cardiff, UK