[CentOS] ext3 errors (md device related?)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 22:37:58 UTC 2008

Nicolas KOWALSKI wrote:

>> Can this be related to being on a 3-member RAID1 that normally runs
>> with one device misssing? I've run a different one that way for a
>> couple of years on earlier kernels.
>
> Well, I also found this one:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.raid/6455/focus=6908
>
> Is your machine a "cheap" one ?

The motherboard is a few years old but decent originally.  The SATA
drives and controller are recent and if it is their fault I'd expect
driver-level errors, not just filesystem issues.   Hmmm, the disks are
in a removable-tray carrier that is also somewhat old and I can shift
them to a newer trayless cage to see if that makes a difference but when
problems only happen once a week it is hard to tell when/if they are fixed.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com