[CentOS] Intel SATA controller (cmiiw) not recognized by Centos5.1 installation?

Yu-Hui Jin yuhui.jin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 05:51:42 UTC 2008

> Here ya go....
> 5 minutes....
>

> http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=sw_linux&message.id=12701&query.id=104245#M12701

Thanks!   I tried network installation (using HTTP though), but the harddisk
can't be recognized during the partitioning step.  It seems to me this NFS
network described in this article would have the same problem.

am I wrong in thinking this way? (i don't have a second linux to do the NFS
install so I'm suspicious about whether i should really give this a try.)

It seems installing AHCI is the only way to go to me....

-Hui

> -Hui
>
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 11:21 PM, Yu-Hui Jin <yuhui.jin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi, Jason,
> >
> > Thanks and I tried the first method to start with the parameter, but it
> > was extremely slow loading each screen. one time I got to the testing media
> > page and i chose Test. and it seemed stuck there for ever so I forced
> > shutdown my box.
> >
> > I also tried to download and install the AHCI driver following this
> > article:
> > http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30865
> >
> > But the installation failed; it said The computer does not meet the
> > minimum requirements for installing this software.
> >
> > It seemed that no trick has worked yet... any new suggestion or advice?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > -Hui
> >

> > On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Jason <jason at jasonandjessi.com> wrote:
> >
> > > boot with
> > >
> > > linux all-generic-ide
> > >
> > > or try to change your bios sata emulation to ahci

> > > bought,
> > > is

> > > Core

> > --