[CentOS] Intel SATA controller (cmiiw) not recognized byCentos5.1 installation?

Dennis McLeod dmcleod at foranyauto.com
Wed Mar 19 15:37:59 UTC 2008

I don't know what your reply means.....

Here is what it says to do:

...."I went back and looked at the BIOS again and noted a setting under
"Integrated Peripherals" for "SATA Mode" with the options of "IDE" or
"RAID". Since the ata_piix module seemed to be the one at issue I turned on
"RAID" to see what would happen and it switched to loading the achi module
instead of the ata_piix."....

Do you know how to get into the bios?
Can you change it as described above? (from IDE to RAID)

Dennis

  _____