[CentOS] Way to not page swap programs

William Warren hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Wed Mar 19 16:46:14 UTC 2008

you can set vm.swappiness=0 in /etc/sysctl.conf that will do just about
that.  if your programs get a leak though you really do want the system
to be able to swap or OOM might nuke them anyway. If you are really
concerned about this make sure you have plenty of ram in the machine and
set swappiness to zero.

Others may have other tweaks suggestions..:)

Jerry Geis wrote:
> Is there a way to tell linux "dont ever swap out my program"...
>
> Like perhaps a list of programs (some setup file)  that if any program
> in my file listing is running dont
> consider the program when looking for something to swap out?
>
> Does anything like that exist?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry

Registered Microsoft Partner