[CentOS] RHEL on The Pirate Bay, Mininova, etc

centos at 911networks.com centos at 911networks.com
Sat Mar 22 16:02:45 UTC 2008

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 07:50:26 +0100
Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net> wrote:

> Mag Gam a écrit :
> > Why would you download an illegal version of RHEL? I see no

There is no illegal version of RHEL. When you buy from RH, you
are not buying RHEL, but support and updates for the particular
version of RHEL that you paid for. Its the same for Novell and
SuSE.

Now, RH artwork [the hat...] and names are copyrighted, but that's
it. You can legally download the full source code, which is what
the CentOS team did. The CentOS team provides the support [through
this mailing list] and the updates for free.

--
Thanks
http://www.911networks.com