[CentOS] Rejecting valid mail (including this mailing list)

Sam Drinkard

sam at wa4phy.net
Tue Mar 25 22:03:26 UTC 2008

Recently, I added the below line to my sendmail.mc and rebuilt.
Everything was working just fine until sometime today.  In looking over
the maillog, it seems if almost every piece of mail was rejected because
of this configuration - mail that I know is OK, valid, and not a source
of spam, like tamu.edu.  Not only that, but the mailing list from centos
was being rejected as well.  Anyone know what might be happening?  One
link I ran across said that ordb.org went out of business or stopped
their service in Dec of '06.  If that's the case, why is their info
still being listed in some of the sendmail configs, and others still
advertising it's use.

dnl # FEATURE(`dnsbl', `relays.ordb.org', `"550 Email rejected due to
sending server misconfiguration - see
http://www.ordb.org/faq/\#why_rejected"')dnl

Sam