[CentOS] NTFS-3G Support for CentOS 5.1 Live

Mark Rose

markrose77 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 02:19:47 UTC 2008

I have been trying to mount my NTFS hard disk using the CentOS 5.1 Live USB
pendrive I created from the LiveCD.  I did an "fdisk-l" and see the
partition as /dev/sdb1, but when I try to mount it, I get an error stating
that NTFS is an unknown filesystem type.  I attempted to install the ntfs-3g
and fuse rpms, without any success (there were numerous dependancies and
could not get libc to install)..

Has anyone been able to successfully RW mount an NTFS filesystem using an
USB install, if its even possible, that is?

If not, are there any plans to include NTFS-3G support in the next release
of the Live CD?  Thanks!

Mark