[CentOS] A few questions regarding CentOS (5.0)

Morten Nilsen morten at runsafe.no
Thu Mar 27 12:15:08 UTC 2008

On 3/27/2008, "Karanbir Singh" <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
>> no, that's not it.. the monitor goes into power off mode - the LED turns
>> orange.
>
>Sounds like your monitor does not like switching modes between text /
>gui perhaps ?

Which GUI are you referring to? I removed all the X11 stuff..

Also, one time I booted, it had some problems starting some service, and
that time the monitor stayed off.. had to ssh in to resolve it..That may
indicate that someting in the sysinit shuts off the monitor at the start
of a script, then turns it back on at the end..

--
Cheers,
Morten