[CentOS] how do I create a custom CD from an existing CD?

Rodney Mercer rmercer at harris.com
Thu Mar 27 12:18:16 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 00:49 +0200, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Hi all
>
> This may sound funny, but I can't get onto any websites right now, so I
> can't even google. I want to customize the contents of my CentOS 5.1 x64
> CD, and re-create the ISO to write to CD again and install on a server.
> I know it's got something todo with mkisofs, but I'm not 100% sure what
> the commands should look like
>
> Can someone please give me a sample of the whole command needed for such
> an operation?

Check Revisor. I am currently using it to create a customized CD
install, kickstart enabled installation of Centos 5.1.

URL         : https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/revisor
Summary     : Fedora "Spin" Graphical User Interface
Description :
Revisor provides a set of graphical tools for building customized,
updated
Fedora "Spins". This tool has been built around two other projects.
First
is pungi, which builds the installation media. The other is
livecd-tools,
which builds the live image.

Solutions are obvious if one only has the optical power to observe them
over the horizon. -- K.A. Arsdall