[CentOS] Re: A few questions regarding CentOS (5.0)

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Mar 27 20:00:22 UTC 2008

on 3-27-2008 12:36 PM Morten Nilsen spake the following:
> Alan Bartlett wrote:
>> If the command rpm -q centos-release returns
>> centos-release-5-1.0.el5.centos.1 then you *are* running CentOS 5
>> update 1.
>
> I had previously looked at /etc/issue, which says "release 5 (Final)"..
>
> # rpm -q centos-release
> centos-release-5-0.0.el5.centos.2
> centos-release-5-1.0.el5.centos.1
>
> hmm, that doesn't look right to me..?

It looks like your system crashed in the middle of a yum update.

The attached script should fix it up, but check it first, don't just run it.

I would rather you see what it is doing, so you can follow the logic (if you
can, it does a lot of pipes in and out of other commands). Maybe trim a copy
to just after the first "grep" and look at the list it produces.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and