[CentOS] Downgrade an rpm

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Mon Mar 31 13:53:52 UTC 2008

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> Kai, correct me if I'm wrong, but one is allowed to use other programs
>> not supplied by CentOS. And surely if the user feels that xyz-1.2.3.rpm
>> is giving him problems, and he wants to use xyz-1.2.0.rpm instead that's
>> his choice?
>>

> Well, I have rpmforge enabled for example, and I installed an application from their repo which installed a few dependencies from their repo as well. One of those dependencies was an rpm whose version was higher than the software dev's recommended version.
>
> In that scenario, how does one force a downgrade?
>
> Thanks!
> jlc

Does the current installed version give a problem?

Using something like rpmforge to install an rpm ( I presume you used yum
or something?) I think the only way is to remove it, and then manually
install the correct one. The command would be something like rpm -ivh
http://rmpforge-website/rpms/package-1.2.3.54-234.rpm - or something

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers