[CentOS] Archive-to-DVD

Jason Pyeron jpyeron at pdinc.us
Fri May 2 17:22:00 UTC 2008

Specification??

> What I'm hoping for is a program that I can feed in directory
> specifications like the above, and it will produce for me DVD images
> (.iso files) containing these trees in such a format that when the
> engineers want file $X, I can give them the DVD (or the whole stack,
> if required) and say "there you go" without having to go through a
> restore process.
>
> I don't want something which creates it's own archive format which
> spans the DVDs (ie split-tar or ufsdump).

Could not find one when we look either. Closest we came to finding any thing
was backuppc.

> I would settle for a program that produces a list of files such that I
> can create DVD images on my own.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how I might go about doing this, before I
> roll my own solution?

We would help.

> --
>  /\oo/\
> / /()\ \ David Mackintosh |
>          dave at xdroop.com  | http://www.xdroop.com

- Jason Pyeron                      PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant              10 West 24th Street #100    -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333            Baltimore, Maryland 21218   -

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you
have received it in error, purge the message from your system and
notify the sender immediately.  Any other use of the email by you
is prohibited.