Subject: [CentOS] "yum update" did not update kernel on one box

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sat May 3 14:31:50 UTC 2008

Lanny Marcus wrote on Sat, 3 May 2008 07:28:10 -0500:

> Linux compaq1300.HOMELAN 2.6.18-8.el5

Ok. I just asked because you never mentioned you had actually checked.
Just a kernel missing when you update is not proof ;-)
I see that you have priority protections in place. Disable all your extra
repos, then disable the protections (basically go back to your inital repo
setup) and then do a check-update. You are using the mirrorlist and not a
specific CentOS mirror, do you?

BTW: I notice that your mail is missing any threading information, so that
it doesn't thread at all. I see that other people who use Gmail do get the
threading information, so there's probably some option not activated in
your Gmail account.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany