[CentOS] XFS at install time

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Sat May 3 17:53:25 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com> wrote:
> Morten Nilsen wrote on Sat, 03 May 2008 16:02:34 +0200:
>
>  > Please consider adding xfs support.. It doesn't please me to run things
>  > on ext3..
>
>  Oh, it doesn't please you ... well, then ... ;-)
>
>  It's in the Centosplus kernel. Even I who is not interested in xfs
>  couldn't avoid to get knowledge of this in bypassing.

You do not need centosplus to get the xfs support. xfs can be used by
installing the kernel module kmod-xfs and xfsprogs, both of which are
available from the extras repo.  However, the kernel of the installer
is not built with the xfs support which is why you cannot install the
OS into the xfs filesystem.

Akemi