[CentOS] wine question

John Thomas gmane-2006-04-16 at jt-socal.com
Mon May 5 13:45:34 UTC 2008

fred smith wrote:
>  to  use the Centos-released version of wine to run the
> software installers for quite a few apps. However, at no time during the
> installer do I actually see any text in any of the dialogs that appear.
> This makes it a little hard to choose options :)

I had this problem.  The solution was provided on this list.  From my
notes (sorry, no credit to the person who provided the info):

I resolved the problem copying the fonts from windows, I know that this
is not the best solution but it works with that,  y copied the fonts
from c:/windows/fonts and pasted on  /home/user/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts
after I did that finally I got a wine menu with fonts

--
Sincerely,
John Thomas