[CentOS] cups causing segfault

Gregory P. Ennis

PoMec at PoMec.Net
Wed May 7 17:00:10 UTC 2008

Everyone,

I have a new installation of Centos 5.1 that I am using on a gateway
server that also has dhcp, named servers.  I also have cups set up to
function as a print server, and sendmail is being used as a relay to our
mail server.  yum-cron appears to be updating everything daily as
desired.

This Centos 5.1 gateway was created to replace a Fedora Core 5 system
with the same functions.  When I set up cups I copied the FC5
subdirectory into the Centos 5.1 system.  Everything appears to work as
expected.

For some reason I am having sendmail crator without giving me a notice
in the logs as far as I can determine.  However, when I looked at the
messages logs I found it filled with many entries in the form of :

kernel: ipp[24519]: segfault at 0000000000000000 rip 00002aaaabf2abc0
rsp 00007fff25495348 error 4

I've done a google search and there appeared to be a problem with
doubled printer entries in the printer.conf causing the log entry, but
after checking my printer.conf file everything appears to be ok.  This
file also worked on FC5 without a problem.

I am not sure if the cups problem is related to the sendmail problem.

Any ideas?

Greg Ennis