[CentOS] Irritant

Sam Drinkard sam at wa4phy.net
Wed May 7 18:56:10 UTC 2008

Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> Sam,
>
> Are you using putty from a microsoft desktop or a linux desktop?  If you
> are using a linux desktop try using konsole or terminal for the
> connection and see if you get the same symptoms.
>
> We use putty for all of our microsoft connections and konsole for all of
> our linux connections and I have never noticed the problem you are
> describing.
>
> Greg Ennis
>

> On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 14:28 -04f \00, Sam Drinkard wrote:
>
>> Hi again,
>>
>>     I've got a nagging irritant with either putty or the man pages, or
>> perhaps my setup.  If I use putty to log into my server and request any
>> man page, it returns the page, but really important stuff like keywords
>> are blank.  Is this perhaps caused by the wrong terminal setting in
>> putty or is there something with Centos man pages that cause this to happen?
>>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> Sam

This machine has XP on it, but I can use the other Centos machine if
it's up and running which is not all the time.  The man pages display
correctly when viewing from the other machine using just a normal
terminal window.  It's almost like putty can't display the bolded
characters, or tries to display them maybe in the same color as the
background.  I'll check that on putty to make sure I don't intentionally
shoot my foot off!

Sam