[CentOS] "yum update" did not update kernel on one box

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Wed May 7 23:01:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 00:19 +0200, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Lanny Marcus wrote on Wed, 07 May 2008 15:10:58 -0500:
> <snip>

> You will need to make a list of all partitions. Not sure what the best way
> to do this would be. Probably fdisk. Run fdisk, then type "p" (for
> printing the partition table), then leave it with "q". Be careful, as
> printing the table is only the least dangerous action in fdisk!

Another way that I prefer is

    sfdisk -l

It's output can be saved in a file and it can even make copies of things
(like partition tables) that can be fed back into it to recreate a disk
if the info gets wiped. "Man sfdisk" for some enjoyable reading... well,
for old farts like me that don't mind man pages for find, etc. ;-)

> Kai

HTH
--
Bill