[CentOS] "Could not find mime-type"

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Tue May 13 16:55:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:
>After a two-week holiday I've just updated my server.  I have a message from
>kcontrol - "Could not find mime type application/octet-stream".  A .png
>thumbnail on the desktop isn't displaying, but apart from that I don't have
>much of a clue what has happened.  Nothing seems to appear in messages.  Any
>help, please?

Application/octet-stream is a generic MIME type, and does not
associate with any particular program.  Most of these I get are
attachments from broken Mail programs.  Save it to disk and open
with the graphics program of your choice, xv, gimp, etc.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will go to the stars...
    -Dr. Isaac Asimov