[CentOS] broken GFS

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed May 14 20:22:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Doug Tucker <tuckerd at engr.smu.edu> wrote:
> "It's not that hard" would have gotten you b**ch slapped even with a
> smile on your face in person.  Just stick to polite, it's not that
> hard :D.

snicker....

> Bad thing about email, it's hard to grasp tongue in cheek humor and tone
> isn't it?  Didn't you see my <bfg> at the end of my response?

Actually, I wasn't sure what that was....

I just googled "BFG" and got BF Goodrich, BFG Tech, Big F**king Gun
and Big Friendly Giant, but I'm guessing you meant Big Fat Grin (or
some other F* word :-).

Seriously, though, I try to read email as if it had no tone (unless
the language or emoticons make it abundantly clear) and always, always
take a deep breath before I respond - shot myself in the foot enough
times to remember a few of them when I want to blast off.  I also try
to proof the responses, and frequently delete them so I can wait a
while before I write anything.

But, technically, since we're writing and not speaking, it's all
tongue-in-cheek, isn't it?

;^)

> Do you honestly, like having to scroll down with the rolly thing on your
> mouse 9 times to get to the reply only to find it is not something you
> cared to read?  I say toss it at the top in my face where I can ignore
> it with less effort.

I'll let others handle the arguments here - I just try to go with the
flow, and I can read it either way.

I will admit, though, that some of the posts here contain WAY too much
back-data.  Edit, edit, edit!

'nuff said!

>;^)))

mhr