[CentOS] Re: tar spanning

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed May 14 22:13:03 UTC 2008

on 5-14-2008 11:16 AM MHR spake the following:
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:54 AM, CentOS List <centoslist-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a directory with 18GB worth of files and I would like to tar span and
>> burn it into a few DVDs after that. How can I do this in command line?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Regards
>>

> Am I the only one who finds it disturbing that someone who is only
> identified as "CentOS List" and who clearly is not is asking a
> question like this of the (actual) CentOS List?
>
> Or is there another way to read this?
>
> Please identify yourself and don't pretend to be this list....
>
> mhr
People are so afraid that someone will be able to identify them through
newsgroup postings or harvest their address for spam.

So what if someone googles my name and finds out I help people on a few lists!
Makes me look real bad, doesn't it?

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and