[CentOS] Re: tar spanning

Guy Boisvert boisvert.guy at videotron.ca
Thu May 15 22:46:10 UTC 2008

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 5-15-2008 10:06 AM MHR spake the following:
>> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 6:56 AM, John R Pierce
>> <pierce-BRp9yk6zKL1Wk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>> outlook supports imap, doesn't it?  I have my wife setup with Microsoft
>>> Windows Mail (Vista, fka outlook express) using imap on gmail, and it
>>> works
>>> /great/
>>>
>>> she gets the best of both worlds, it maintains copies of her folders
>>> locally
>>> AND on the gmail server, and synchronizes each time she connects so
>>> that she
>>> can look up stuff in her email when she's offline.
>>>
>>> the imap 'folders' she creates in windows mail are in fact filters on
>>> gmail.
>>
>> OMG!
>>
>> Did I read this right?  John, YOUR wife uses (random unflattering
>> gagging noises inserted here) WINDOW$???
>>
>> I'm shocked!  Shocked, I tell you!  I may not get anything else done
>> today!
>>
>> </humor>
>> <! What, I left out the start tag?  It's implicit here, isn't it???  ;^>
>>
>> mhr
> Is it still funny if you have unmatched tags?

It seems that after all those years of Outlook problems, some are just
into "extreme sports" and up to the challenge of keeping their machine
stable with this <emphasis> CRAP </emphasis> !!!

Not to mention that crapware coming from Redmond breaks standards and
gives headaches to many support people like me...  But hey, we're
(support people) supposed to get profit from that, that's Redmond's
business model... It's just that i fell bad when i abuse people, Redmond
has no problem with that whatsoever !

Anyway, NOMB but i'm shocked too!

I wish great luck to your wife, she's very courageous !  Living in those
"both worlds" is just to dangerous for me!

Guy Boisvert, ing.
IngTegration inc.