[CentOS] Best Motherboard

Sam Drinkard sam at wa4phy.net
Thu May 15 22:52:43 UTC 2008

Simon Jolle sjolle wrote:
> On 05/15/2008 04:24 PM, Sam Drinkard wrote:
>
>>    About 2 years ago, I build a server
>>
> [...]
>
> What are the advantages of building your own server comparing with
> products from HP, Dell and IBM? Is it cheaper?
>
> I never heard of DIY server hardware market.
>
> cheers
> Simon

Basically, I built it because I wanted certain components in/on the
system and could not get it configured that way from any vendor.  I've
built every PC I've ever owned.  I select components based on the type
of use they would get, and the applications they are going to run.  As
for price, sometimes cheaper, sometimes more expensive depending on what
you put in it, but in the end, when it all comes together, you have
something to be proud of because you built it yourself.

Sam