[CentOS] OT: Top Posting

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat May 17 00:07:01 UTC 2008

William Warren wrote:
> Beyond casutic...who's slaging here karanbir?  He expressed his opinion
> and last time i checked there wasn't a rule against that.  While your
> reply was inflamatory you also have the right to fire back..however
> saying it's not ok to do something that wasn't against any of the rules
> of this forum is just being caustic for being caustic's sake.
>
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> That does not mean you go slaging off one communication medium in
>> another. If IRC is the only thing that works for you, that does not
>> mean its OK to go farking off in the lists and forums.

I think you need to read the posts again, I am not being caustic for the
sake of being caustic at all. My point is simply that if the lists dont
work for you, leave. But if you intend to hang around you are expected
to make an effort at being in sync with what the other longer term users
on these lists expect.

eg. trimming posts and not top posting is a good start. Two very basic
things, trivial to handle and execute, yet so many users dont bother to do.