[CentOS] clustered mail server?

Jure Pečar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Sun May 18 01:11:41 UTC 2008

On Sat, 17 May 2008 20:09:50 +0100
Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> I believe you can run DRBD so primary writes dont return till the
> secondary write also completes. No idea how that impacts performance :D

Default mode of drbd operation is synchronous as you mention and its
performance is purely dependant of underlying block device. Having a gig of
battery backed write cache on each side helps :)
Asynchronous mode of operation is actually a special case for drbd and is
primarily meant for geographically distributed setups that replicate data
over wan.

But as the opening poster said he has a small number of users, drbd with
standard sata disks should be fast enough.

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org/