[CentOS] Re: tar spanning

John jses27 at gmail.com
Sun May 18 14:22:30 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of Lanny Marcus
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 10:15 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Re: tar spanning

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 06:56 -0700, John R Pierce wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Labelling in gmail doesn't help if you are forwarding to an Outlook
> > account, though.
>
> outlook supports imap, doesn't it?  I have my wife setup with
> Microsoft Windows Mail (Vista, fka outlook express) using imap on
> gmail, and it works /great/
>
> she gets the best of both worlds, it maintains copies of her folders
> locally AND on the gmail server, and synchronizes each time she
> connects so that she can look up stuff in her email when she's offline.
>
> the imap 'folders' she creates in windows mail are in fact filters on
gmail.

I use IMAP for Gmail, as Google recommends,  with the Evolution MUA. The
"filters" and "labels" that Gmail uses are not working as I would like them
to. Possibly with time, I will improve on those settings.  After I download
my email into Evolution, I manually move all the CentOS mail
into the CentOS "label". After that, things are organized. :-)    IMAP
is much better than POP3, for a number of reasons, as Google says.