[CentOS] OT: Top Posting

Lanny Marcus lannyma at gmail.com
Sun May 18 17:36:03 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 08:00 -0700, Carol Anne Ogdin wrote:
> I actually DO subscribe to this list via gmail.  However, I seldom bother
> doing so through webmail, because I like my information to come to me,
> rather than spending my time logging on, waiting for pages to refresh, etc.
<snip>

> My experience with
> RHEL/CentOS is not as deep, and I'm eager to learn.  I'd just like to help
> bridge the gap that--to my observation--impedes knowledge transfer.

Carol Anne: Since you are subscribed to this wonderful mailing list, if you can,
take the time to read all of the messages, not just the ones that you
think apply to whatever you are interested in at the moment.
YOU_WILL_LEARN! The Developers and many other extremely knowledgeable
people participate in this list, daily, and you will learn, from their
messages to the list.  There is a Forum, and a Wiki, and you can learn
there too, but this mailing list is, IMHO, your best route to learning
and for support. Set your gmail up for IMAP, as Google suggests, and you
will have everything  in the list searchable, with the Google Search
Engine, when you are using gmail on the web and you can search in your
MUA, in your Desktop/Workstation, if you are offline.  Lanny