[CentOS] IMAPS error with Dovecot?

Benjamin Smith

lists at benjamindsmith.com
Tue May 20 17:44:13 UTC 2008

I'm using Dovecot to support IMAPS on CentOS4 on port 993. Stock RPMS,
absolutely nothing special done or even anything compiled on the system.
About as usual as usual usually gets.

But, using KMail on my Fedora Linux laptop, I keep getting the following
message: (in part)

"This means that although the resource, Changing the flags of message
imaps://me@myserver.com:993/INBOX/;UID=0,0,1866921748,1866921754,1866921769,1866921777:1866921783,1866921795,1866921800,1866921824:1866921828,1866921834
failed., was able to be opened, an error occurred while writing to the
resource.

Changing the flags of message
imaps://my@myserver.com:993/INBOX/;UID=0,1866921748,1866921754,1866921769,1866921777:1866921783,1866921795,1866921800,1866921824:1866921828,1866921834
failed."

It happens whever I mark a message as "read" and then resynch up with imap. I
can *delete* messages just fine, I just can't change the flags on a message.
I've scanned thru the /var/log/maillog, /var/log/secure, /var/log/messages
and found nothing out of the ordinary. I've checked the permissions of
the /var/spool/mail/myaccount and /home/myaccount/Mail folders - both are
fine.

I have another, almost identically configured mail server that is not having
the same issue. I've tried refreshing my cache, and rebuilding indexes in my
email program.

I'm stumped. Any idea where to go next for this?

-Ben
Only those who reach toward a goal are likely to achieve it.

believed to be clean.